P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I was in the US Coast Guard during the Vietnam War and I was

Customer Question

I was in the US Coast Guard during the Vietnam War and I was stationed in Hawaii aboard a Coast Guard Cutter with a mission of working on Aid-To-Navigation between Hawaii and Midway. Am I entitled to the Vietnam War Era medal?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

There may be some confusion. There is no such thing as a "Vietnam War Era medal"

If you are referring to this

http://www.amervets.com/replacement/vwae.htm

That is not a medal awarded by the US or any other nation. It looks to be set up as a way for some organization to sell stuff to others...

The closest medal that applies would be the Vietnam Service Medal. This medal requires service in Vietnam for 30 days or more

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.