P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

The Army asked at minimum 200 african american Soldeiers to

Customer Question

The Army asked at minimum 200 african american Soldeiers to consider entering the combat arms branches in 2002. According to the Army minority officers were in high demand. I entered the combat arms to fill the combat arms ranks as an AA Soldier. Where is the justice when you put twelve years in, and then kicked out involuntarily?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but do not see a question. Do you have a specific question relating to this? Would it help to chat on the phone? I can send that offer if you like

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to talk over the phone.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Offer sent....if you accept we can chat on the phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roger, but I paid for the online service, so i'll try my best to use this medium. I am multi-tasking, so my response will take some time to put together. Thanks
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry...I do not understand. You mentioned you wanted to talk on the phone...is that not the case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I just paid $14 or $19 to ask questions regarding legal matters. I understand that is how I am able to chat with you like this. Now I understand that there is an additional $30 cost to speak over the phone which, by the way, is not a problem because I understand the fees involved. What I do not want, is to waste the $14, when I could just type out what i am dealing with. Please forgive any confusion. Plus, I am trying to ensure that I pay for what i am getting as well, and not more than that.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the confusion. If you can let me know your question perhaps I can assist

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As an Officer, are you in anyway contracted into a commitment to fill ranks for a period of time? Somehow, I need to show how the Army did not uphold its end of the bargain in making it possible for people like me to be successful in the effort to make a career within the combat arms ranks. Now, I know what you are going to tell me, and that is; you were commissioned and not contracted, you don't have a snowballs chance in hell because of the law governing such situations. But, I need answers to justify my current situation.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
You are correct, there is a significant difference between an officer and enlisted member, specifically with regards ***** ***** An officer serves "at the pleasure of the President"...which, practically speaking, means they serve at the pleasure of the service secretary. So for Army they serve at the pleasure of the Secretary of the Army.

What exactly is it you are attempting to accomplish?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. So what responsibilities do the Secretary of the Army have for ensuring that the officers in its ranks are treated fairly and with respect? A better question might be what governs the Secretary of the Army's treatment of it officers? By the way Phillip, to be fair, I paid to have my questions answered not the other way around. I don't feel like you want to hear what i have to say when you end responses with a "get to the point question" fired back at me.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for your dissatisfaction with my questions...I will opt out and allow others to assist you. I wish you the best of luck