Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

I am active duty in the army and my Warrant & OIC are

Customer Question

i am active duty in the army and my Warrant & OIC are stating I work too much. Limiting my hours to 0600-1500. I am an NCOIC and I cannot effectively take care of my Soldiers like that.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, unless you can point to a particular illegal action they have taken, there isn't anything that you can do here. It's not illegal to reduce the amount of time you spend at work. They can do that, as your leadership.

Now, if you have some evidence of discrimination based on your race, religion or gender, then you can file an EEO complaint and ask for a commander directed investigation into the circumstances surrounding your treatment here.

You could also making a complaint about the demeaning behavior, reporting that also to EEO or to the IG for investigation. You could utilize an Article 138 complaint to your command, which is a complaint of wrongs requiring an official response from the command. These are options to have the harassment and maltreatment investigated.