Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

The navy has caused me to smoke when i said i never would

Customer Question

The navy has caused me to smoke when i said i never would given me severe anxiety and depression and made me drive my ex fiancee away, i regret every aspect of my choice to join it has turned me into someone im not and i just want to be me again
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

What is your question? Are you looking to get out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am i want to be done inwant to go home im not my own person anymore and theyre trying to make me into a killer which im not

If you've completed your initial training, then you're under contract for a period of time. Unless you're a conscientious objector, have a medical condition, or family hardship that requires your presence, you'll not likely be able to leave.

It sounds like you're having a hard time adjusting to military service, which is normal. It is very high stress. You may actually come to enjoy your time in by focusing on the reasons you joined in the first place.

If, however, you believe you are completely incapable with military service, you can request discharge through your command. It is not very often granted, and you'll likely have a discharge characterization less than honorable.

Good luck.

Do you have any additional questions? If not, when you have a chance, would you please rate me? I do not receive any credit for my response until I am rated.

Thanks, ***** ***** let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Please remember to rate me.