Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
19127644

I am retired Army. I've worked Army as a civilian since

Customer Question

I am retired Army. I've worked for the Army as a civilian since November 2001. My supervisor, John Simonini is the TACOM G2 (GG-15). In the last few years he began screaming and using profanity against emplyees to include threats such as "if you say that again, I'll punch you in the fu$$ing face." I reported him. they did an IG sensing sesstion in which they interviewed all employees. every employee verified the behavior. the command drug their feet and over a year later he is still in his position. I continued to complain to include the commandging general and I was moved to another organization. G2 employees continue to call and email me and say his behavoir remains the same. I dont wish to ever go back there but I think he should not be a supervisor. I'm considering submitting a congresstional inquiry. do you have any other suggestions?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ron,

Thank you for the information and your question. I am a bit surprised that the Command, nor the IG, took any action. At the very least his behavior violates Government workplace violence rules, which would include a threat of violence. There could also be an issue, in some cases, of hostile work environment harassment depending on who his targets are (if someone in a protected class they could file an EO complaint.)

Although an employee that works for him can certainly file a Congressional Inquiry, in my experience, it may not result in much of a change, especially if the DA IG has said they won't get involved. As far as who should submit the CI, it really should be someone that is currently undergoing the harassment. Since you were transferred, your inquiry is less likely to get the attention it deserves when the complaint comes back down the chain to the DA and your Command for comment. So, I would recommend that you convince someone who is there now to do this. They have protection under the law from retaliation. The only other recommendation is filing the EO complaint if there is a person who has been targeted that is in a protected class.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if you have them. I would be glad to assist you further if I can. If not, if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating the the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 29th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.