P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

What is the correct process to deal with improper use of

Customer Question

What is the correct process to deal with improper use of digital signatures by DOD Army Civilian Personnel office employees? I'm currently involved in an EEO case and my supervisor is getting the servicing Civilian Personnel Office to back-date personnel actions. The digital signature used on some of documents as the "approving official" belongs to someone who is no longer part of the organization.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I want to make sure I understand...what is it you are trying to do? You want to show that the supervisor is "cooking the books" with regards ***** ***** against you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
July 2014 - Threatened by my supervisor that he was going to ensure I never supervised again.
Aug 2014 - Threatened again, this time reported to EEO office.
Aug 2014 - Supervisor told me to report to main office, but did not consult with Civilian Personnel.
OCT 2014 - Supervisor reorganized the organization. I was removed from rating chain of all my personnel. Told no one at Hq level could be in rating chain of MTF-level personnel.
JAN 2015 - Supervisor attempts to re-write my position description removing all supervisory duties.
FEB 2015 - File formal "EEO" complaint as Supervisor attempted to carry out threats made against me.
Apr 2015 - Find that male employees allowed to remain in rating chain of MTF-level personnel. Asked higher-level manager, informed that I was not allowed due to my duty location not being at the MTF. This was incorrect, when I showed evidence that my "official" duty location was the MTF, instead of allowing me to supervise, I received "official" change of duty location from Civilian Personnel office back-dated 11 JAN 2015.
Aug 2015 - Received personnel action back-dated to AUG 2014 requested by current supervisor, whom was not in my rating chain AUG 2014. Also, personnel action "approved" with digital signature of someone whom left the organization in FEB 2015. How can someone whom is no longer in the organization approve a document generated AUG 2015.
Reason current supervisor wanted to back date was due EEO case and mileage reimbursement entitlement for traveling outside my "official" duty location.Oct 2014 - I was removed from rating chain of all of my personnel.My duty location was changed per MDR as indicated on the SF 50 and SF 52; however I never received an MDR notice.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks
This sounds like a mess. Would it help to chat on the phone about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are correct, in an effort to cover up the lies that are being told, my current supervisor is using Civilian Personnel to back-date. Yes, I'm at work now, so I would have to call at another time. My EEO investigation is ongoing now.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Well, I would be happy to chat on the phone...but if that will not work for you I will opt out...perhaps another expert here can assist.

I wish you the best of luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I won't be able to chat over the phone for another 2 hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello P. Simmons,Could you please advise if you opted-out so another expert could assist? To date, I haven't received a response or a refund. Please advise.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I have opted out.