P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Was MP in Army, upon discharge checked over DD214 very

Customer Question

Was MP in Army, upon discharge checked over DD214 very carfully, all Coommidations were present, looked great. Received Honorable discharge. Recently asked for all my military records from St. Louis, packet came this week. I apparently had "busted" someone in personnel office. You can see someone came in afterwards and typed in some very negative items. My original copy the RE code box is blank, as well made these changes: this has "RE-4", Item C box says"Chapter 2, AR 635-200 SPD: LBK" Box 27 says: "Not eligible for reenlistment . Nonwaivable disqualification ". All the above is clearly noticeable as typed differently, (it was typed without my copy). I looked up the "LBK" code and it's for "not finishing your military obligation". I did, very well and to the day! All of my Coommidations were gone, just a couple of papers left. No exit physical, awards, added qualifications I earned, all removed. I served well, with honor, I worked hard, completely and faithfully. I guessing I did my job as an MP to well and this was payback. One very important added note: I was discharged in 1976! I'm now wondering how this has impacted my life. I applied for many federal jobs over the years, I was qualified for the positions and never even received an interview. I now know the Feds look at your RE Code for employment. How do I get this fixed and do I have any recourse as to lost job opportunities or lost security clearances due to someone intentionally falsifying my DD214? My wife is a USAF O-6, has this affected her career? Just give me some ideas as what to do. I'm actually pretty upset over this, even though it's been almost 40 years! Thanks for letting me vent! Glenn
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, have you applied to have this corrected? If so what was the result?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

And would it help to chat on the phone about this? I can send that offer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just got packet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's do phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Button won't go
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Not sure why...can you see the offer for $10 phone call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe tomorrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not highlighted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's pale in color to send button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On iPhone and iPad
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

If you call customer service

1-***-***-****
They will fix this immediately

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm giving up for today. Will try again tomorrow. Thank you for your service! My dad is a WW2 Marine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll call tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I will be here tomorrow...happy to help.