P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

What rights do I have if my spouse doesn't want to give me

Customer Question

What rights do I have if my spouse doesn't want to give me the Military spouse card and what am I entitled to?
I have had where I was sent some money from the Military and my spouse sent it back cause we were separted at that time. He has been very spiteful and controlling towards me in all this. We have been separted for a while now and he said he devoriced me but I am not sure he did. Even if, we are divorced do I have any entittlement for anything.
My main reason for this is that I need medical attention and he hasn't provided me with any information on getting help from the VA hosipatol. I thought I could go to the hospital and just give them his name, but I don't know any of the other information like when and where he served. It was before we got married. I am not even sure if he is collecting right now, or if, I am entittle to anything, now that we are separted. Is, there anyone that can help me?
Sincerely,
Nancy Dominick Higgins ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Ma'am I would be happy to chat with you on the phone but it is late tonight. Can we talk tomorrow? if not I can opt out and allow other experts to assist you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am off work tomorrow, and would love to talk to you, you seem great in that you may be the perfect person to help me figure this out.
Thank you and God bless!(###) ###-####
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Ma'am I will send the offer for a phone call. If you accept we can talk tomorrow.