P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am a E 4 in the army and have had back and knee issues

Customer Question

Hi I am a E 4 in the army and have had back and knee issues that have only been getting worse I was on a physical profile that expired while on block leave and was instructed by my PA to come in the first day I get back to get a new profile, my PA new I was two days from having PRK surgery and told me there was no point to put me on profile when I would be on one for the month from ophthalmology that pretty much has the same limitations and come back when that one expires. Now the issue that I'm having is once that profile expired I did what he asked of me and attempted to go in for sick call and for two week my company aid station kicked me back because it's a chronic issues and make an appointment, so I did but the appointment was set a month away and we have a PT test which leadership knew I could not perform that's why I was in physical therapy but I was made to do it anyways and failed. That same day after going to the aid station in serious pain the same people that kicked me back from sick call wrote me a temp profile until my scheduled appointment. Now I'm being council and flagged. Is there anything wrong with what they did and is there anything that can be done?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma

But not sure I understand the question. They made you perform the test when you were on profile that stated you could not perform?