P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Am speak to a solider in Afghanistan and he would me to send

Customer Question

Hi am speak to a solider in Afghanistan and he would me to send him 150.00 of army secure line , he is the US army
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma. What you're describing is a very common scam; criminals in Africa and Southwest Asia pretend to be US servicemembers in order to steal money from folks like yourself.

Please do not send any money. They will only ask for more and you will never meet his criminals face-to-face.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he also ask to me to send them 1700.00 to buy himself out of the army to
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I have seen this question literally 100 times over the past five years. The details may change slightly but the theme is the same.

There is no way to buy ones self out of the US Army.