P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

When filing benefits after serving 20 years, was told I was

Customer Question

When filing for retirement benefits after serving 20 years, was told I was missing 28 months . How can that be?
Even though I was assured when I left I had enough time. Served active and reserves for Air Force is there some way I can make up that time ? They mentioned that there was some kind of fire where some records were lost.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Sorry...I do understand the question...are you asking how to request your official records? Would it help to chat on the phone?