Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

Records show a lack of soc.sec. nos. following individual.:

Customer Question

Records show a lack of soc.sec. nos.for DEERS for the following individual. : MARILYN A. LICHTENTHAL. I have no wife or relatives that are allowed to use my TRI-CARE . What shall I do to clear up this potential travesty?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. If you feel someone is claiming to be your relative, or you, to claim benefits, the first thing that someone in your situation needs to do is go to the police and file a criminal complaint. This initiates the process where the police would then investigate the situation and the individual behind it may be charged.

If this incolves Tricare, then the military should also be contacted immediately. See here:

http://www.tricare.mil/ContactUs/CallUs.aspx

Now aside from this, one then wants to follow the steps outlines in the following link to protect one's self from further identity theft - see here:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0009-taking-charge.pdf

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.