P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Mr., I am an Army Major and assess that my battalion

Customer Question

Mr. Simmons,
Hello, I am an Army Major and assess that my battalion commander and rater has never given me the opportunity to succeed while under his command. I commanded a company for a year and he has stated several times that I will get a “bad” OER due to his perception of my performance.
I assess that he has favorites in the battalion and others who he does not care for or tries to hurt their careers.
I know of 4 cases of individuals who have committed offenses and to my understanding have not received punishment. I received initial counseling and 2 negative counseling but never a performance oriented counseling. I would like to further discuss in detail what steps can I take with the evidence that I have to defend myself in the event that he writes me a “bad” OER. Thank you
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Can we chat on the phone about this?