P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Dear P., In May 1966 we- -2-5Cav/1st Cav t a mine field. The

Customer Question

Dear P. Simmons, In May 1966 we- B-2-5Cav/1st Cav hit a mine field. The Cpl. who stepped on it died, 6 more had shattered legs, and many of us stepped off the trail and into punji stake traps. After the medic treated me he was going to write a medevac tag. It meant a Purple Heart. Without any thought of that I refused to have him write a tag. I didn't think it fair I'd get the same medal as the severely wounded. The medic complied but had to treat me for over a week with antibiotics as my leg swelled from infection. I am appealing to the Army for a Purple Heart. The impediments are my inability to get morning reports of that day. They are loosening on that giving me DD Form 149 to fill out. In truth our HHQ went with us into the field regularly and as far as I remember our clerk didn't bring his typewriter along to do morning reports. The 2nd obstacle is the absence of a medical report of my wounds. The medic didn't do one as I refused to let him and didn't during the week for fear of
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

looks like your question was cut off. Can you tell me, what is your specific question regarding this?