P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Im in the military over seas, and a friend of mine, her

Customer Question

im in the military over seas, and a friend of mine, her phone was stolen and said person who stole her phone is sending emails threatening to expose her if she doesn't take humiliating pictures of herself and send it to said person. My friend can't go to higher because there is evidence of adultery (she is currently going through a divorce, but is not done with it and now has a BF(not me) and the military complex puts people up against UCMJ for that shit) that being said im trying to help catch said person or at least profile this person can anybody here help or send me to a place that can?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I'm not sure understand your question. What is your specific question? Would help to talk on the phone about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems to be more of a psychologist question or maybe a police question. Here Goes. Im trying to profile a person who is being anonymous through email that is trying to get a friend of mine to sexually humiliate herself so she can get her phone back. Through blackmail my friend can't go to her superior officers (in the military) because on the phone there is evidence of adultery, which the military processes with great displeasure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also it isn't really a question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The person stole my friends phone and broke into it. Said person is now sending emails to my friend through her own email, i assume to stay anonymous.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The emails started with, "Lets meet up so i can return the phone" and escalated to sending pictures of my friend (posing topless with her arms covering the naughty bits, picture was only the torso and up) that were on her phone. The following one said something about trusting my friend, that the person knew that this was wrong and that because the person had damming evidence on my friend that they should, quote "protect each other".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i only read the emails the once and that was a couple hours ago, the first email was received by my friend the same day (this last Sunday) that it disappeared, a couple hours after it was gone.