P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have a question about NJP and law school. I was in the

Customer Question

I have a question about NJP and law school. I was in the navy and went to NJP for Articles 89, 90, 120, 133, 134. The 120 was set aside by the higher command -- the NJP was that messed up. However, the other articles are too nebulous to really disprove. MPs were not involved, only shipboard MAs. Will the bar association be able to find the NJP when they do my background check?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

It is likely this will show up on your NCIC (FBI criminal database) if military law-enforcement was involved in the investigation they would import the results into the NCIC

And has part of the application to your State Bar it is likely they will require you waive the privacy act and allow the bar to view your military record.

So it is likely this will be available to the bar.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I see you've had the opportunity to view my response.