P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Mr., I went throught the PLC program at Quantico in 1974. I

Customer Question

Mr. Simmons,
I went throught the PLC program at Quantico in 1974. I successfully completed the 10 weeks of active duty service, but eventually declined my commission. I was was never issued at DD214 (Your comments online said it was only for "Active Duty") After completing the 10 week program, I stayed in inactive reserve for a while before declining my commission and being classified, Dropped HonDis COFG ?SECNAV DIR AUTH "Declined Commission". Also included was "DD256 Not Mailed" Is there any kind of official release form available to me?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry...what do you mean by official release ?
What is it you're attempting to accomplish; are you applying for va benefits?