Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

I want to know if Sgt R.Warren is stiii deploy in unit 006

Customer Question

I want to know if Sgt Timothy R.Warren is stiii deploy in unit 006 2nd division Kabul Base may be you can give me if still active duty how I can find it
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
Can you please tell me a little bit about this? How did you meet him, what does he claim, does he claim to be a US or UK soldier?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sgt. T .Warren I meet on line.match.com.since last year May 2014.Im not see him in person ,wr still chat up to know.I want to know is real.He is US.Army .ddiry in Kabul.I hope it helps you this information
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Most likely, he is fake. There has been a rash of scammers pretending to be US servicemembers in the last few years. See here.
You can verify if he is real by sending him a request for his name, DOB, and SSN (Social Security Number, all US Citizens/permanent residents have it). Then you can run it through the official database here. Chances are, it will not match up. Or, he will give some phony reason for not being able to provide it but do not believe him. If he claims 'confidentiality,' remind him that he is asking for money, so you have the right to ask him for his personal information.
You can even test this. Tell him you want to send him a present and ask for his address. His address should be:
Rank, Name
Unit Number
Base, Camp or Embassy Name
APO AE 09xxx-xxx
It never goes to a foreign country's office. APO is treated as domestic mail. So if the address that he gives you is than what is above he is not who he claims to be.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.