Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
19127644

My ex-husband and I were married 21 years of s active duty

Customer Question

My ex-husband and I were married 21 years of his active duty service time. He remarried, I did not. Am I eligible to use a VA home loan?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information and your question. Unfortunately, you would not be eligible for a VA guaranteed home loan. The only spouses that qualify are those who were still married to their active-duty spouses when they died (under certain conditions) or are considered missing in action or POWs. You can see the eligibility criteria by going to the following link: http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/purchaseco_eligibility.asp
Please let me know if you need any clarification.
Hello again,
I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 18th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the pop up box for this question, which is how we get credit (paid) for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying, or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/
Thank you.