P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have been asked to apply vacational leave doctor working

Customer Question

I have been asked to apply for a vacational leave for a doctor working in Syria for the UN. Are your comments also related to the United Nations?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma...but not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if this is a scam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if a fee is required to get a vocational leave for a UN employee in Syria and if the fee is paid will it be reimbursed once he arrives back in the United States?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

No This is a very common scam. Criminals pretend to be folks that they are not. They then trick folks here in the US to send them money. PLEASE do not send money. You will never see that money or this person.

This is a scam

There is no fee for "leave" for a UN employee