P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Trying to see what the minimum timeframe pt test after

Customer Question

Trying to see what the minimum timeframe for a pt test after failing a record and make up
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Which service are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
thanks
There is no "minimum time"
Commanders may administer the APFT as often as they wish; however, they must specify beforehand when the results are for record. The rule requires soldiers take the APFT at least twice each calendar year. A minimum of 4 months will separate record tests if only 2 record tests are given.
The intent is for Soldiers to take a record APFT every 6 months. Mission requirements often prevent the even spacing of record tests. Therefore, commanders are encouraged to test Soldiers for record as close to the record test window as possible.
Soldiers without a medical profile will be retested no later than 90 days following the initial APFT failure.
The RC Soldiers not on active duty and without a medical profile will be tested no later than 180 days following the initial APFT failure.
The references are FM 21-20 and army regulation 350-15 and 350-1
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.