How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14065
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I separated from the Navy in 2003 RE 3g JFX. I was a

Customer Question

I separated from the Navy in 2003 RE 3g JFX. I was a depressed about redeploying in support of OEF/OIF after just getting back from supporting OEF. It was a very stressful time for me and my shipmates. After speaking with the Psychologist she said that she said that I was mildly depressed. My ship decided to separate me from service because I was unable to deploy with them.
I now understand that the MILPERSMAN was modified to accommodate those of us OIF/OEF veterans that were PTSD suffering from Depression. I have never taken any mental meds nor have any ever been prescribed to me. I should not have be separated. I loved being in the Navy. How do I get my separation code reevaluated or is that even possible. I would like to join the Navy Reserves.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But do not understand the question...are you asking if you can require the Navy to return you to duty?

Related Military Law Questions