P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My x wife is receiving a portion of my military retired/retainer

Customer Question

My x wife is receiving a portion of my military retired/retainer pay and she informs me that she no longer wants or needs these funds. Distribution of these funds were under court order. What steps need to be taken and by whom?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Depends...you mention "distribution by court order". Can you be more specific? What happened? Also, if it would help happy to chat on the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The court order was a divorce decree. I am a retired USAF SMS.(E-8) . The divorce occured in 1976. The distribution was IAW "Texas Community Property" laws, and subsequently by The "USFSPA".
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. So what is the question...how to change the order ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. What is required of her, and me, to modify or change the court's order decribed in the division of property section?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have made myself clear as can be. She wants me to have her allotted money. In otherwords, all of my retirement pay. How do we do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry cannot afford more costs.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
No worries. I will opt out and allow other experts to assist. I am forced to step away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Don't want to use the phone, thank you. I'm 83 years old and don't hear well.