PhilCave
PhilCave, Lawyer
Experience:  33 years military law experience.
16220785

My question is basic. If i was issued a no contact order for

Customer Question

My question is basic. If i was issued a no contact order for an inappropriate relationship basically being friends with someones wife and it looking bad. When and how could I get the no contact order removed
Category: Military Law
Expert:  PhilCave replied 1 year ago.
Generally the MPO is given for set time periods, like 30 days, or until the completion of any disciplinary action. Here you might be in a different situation where they could continue it until either you transferred or he and his wife moved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok well disciplinary is over i got an LOR and UIF even with the extreme lack of proof. But through mutual friends ive been told they are now going through a divorce so if they got a finalized divorce would they then be required to lift it or could they keep it indefinitely
Expert:  PhilCave replied 1 year ago.
It seems to me that one the divore is over there is no need for the unit to do anything to "protect" the relationship. That's especially true if none of them are military.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well he is military but if th
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They get divorced and they hold it is there any thing i can do or am i just screwed out of that friendship?