P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I live in Payson, AZ where there is a small VA Clinic. They

Customer Question

I live in Payson, AZ where there is a small VA Clinic. They do not have any specialists. I need a dermatologist who does laser removal of warts. There is a dermatologist who provides this treatment. I am more than 40 miles from the Phoenix VA hospital, so I am qualified for the new VA Tri-Care program called Veterans Choice, ID #1330233067. I drove to the Phoenix VA hospital for an appointment with their dermatology dept. and was told they do not provide laser skin treatment. I have Medicare and the Phoenix Supplement Plan and they will only pay a small fraction of the laser treatment charges. I am ready to sue the VA to get them to share the laser treatment charges since the treatment must be done by a specialist here in Payson whom I have seen three times with a co-pay of $40 per visit. My primary PCP, Dr. Lowe here in Payson takes no interest or action to help me on line with the VA. How do we proceed with a law suit against the VA.
Albert Duble, USN, Korean conflict.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.Sir, I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your question. Are you asking for resources where you are able to find a lawyer who can file this for you? If not what is your specific question?