How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 13873
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a home daycare provider(on post) being accused of child

Customer Question

I'm a home daycare provider(on post) being accused of child abuse by one of the children's parents. My daycare license was suspended due to the allegations. CPS said there was not enough evidence, they turned the case over to CID. CID just turned the case over to base legal. What does this mean? Am I going to be charged with something? Should I be getting a lawyer? I don't know what I should be doing to clear myself. No one has contacted me at all, not CPS or CID. It has been a week since, I've been closed and the allegation was made. The only reason I know about the allegation is through the Child Youth Services director.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I want to make sure I understand your status. Are you a dependent spouse? A service member?
Also, has anyone attempted to question you? Did you consent and give an interview or did you invoke your rights to remain silent?

Related Military Law Questions