P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I'm a home daycare provider(on post) being accused of child

Customer Question

I'm a home daycare provider(on post) being accused of child abuse by one of the children's parents. My daycare license was suspended due to the allegations. CPS said there was not enough evidence, they turned the case over to CID. CID just turned the case over to base legal. What does this mean? Am I going to be charged with something? Should I be getting a lawyer? I don't know what I should be doing to clear myself. No one has contacted me at all, not CPS or CID. It has been a week since, I've been closed and the allegation was made. The only reason I know about the allegation is through the Child Youth Services director.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I want to make sure I understand your status. Are you a dependent spouse? A service member?
Also, has anyone attempted to question you? Did you consent and give an interview or did you invoke your rights to remain silent?