P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I left the military 10 years ago. I just received a letter

Customer Question

i left the military 10 years ago. I just received a letter from the Virginia National Guard saying i still had my Organizational Clothing and Equipment outstanding and they are going to initiate a Financial liability investigation. I cannot find the papers where I cleared the unit. Am I responsible for these items?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.You are responsible for returning any gear that they loaned to you. IF they loaned you gear and you lost it? They can recover that money from you.If you turned the gear in? THen you would not be liable for any costs. Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
The question is still open...did you have additional questions?