P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

P. Simmons, I understand that civilians are considered belligerents

Customer Question

Hi P. Simmons, I understand that civilians are considered belligerents under the 1863 Lieber Code, General Order 100 and as civilians we are considered Enemies under the 1917 Trading with the Enemy Act.Therefore, I am ready to return my indemnity receipt in the form of a birth certificate back to the state registrar for full settlement and discharge as a peaceful inhabitant on the land. Because of the Jade Helm "exercises" upcoming in my state, I wish to be classified as a private citizen and to be placed on a DO NOT DETAIN list to prevent any unfortunate "accidents" during this military exercise.Would this be best handled through a military JAG office or at the State's Registrar?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Happy to help...however I see you have received answers here before and not rated them. The only way an expert like myself can receive credit is if the customer rates the answer positively. Do you agree to rate the answer at the conclusion of our discussion?
Also, it is late for me so I would need to follow up in the am. Let me know.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Follow up with this; are you still looking for an answer?