P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My son is in the military served a tour in Afghanistan and was getting out in August. He i

Customer Question

My son is in the military served a tour in Afghanistan and was getting out in August. He is a squad leader and one of his privates showed up with missing items from his pack on multiple occasions has many negative things in his file and really had it in for my son. Filed a complaint saying my son was ruining his self esteem and felt because he was going to make him do some workouts in the heat that he was hazing him. This was not true my son never made him do anything. My son has been in 3 years with a clean record. This CO said he is filing a Article 15 and heard from someone that he talked about chaptering him. seems very unfair what is his recourse. He said he did not do anything of the sort never made them exercise in the heat but the CO won't let up. Even revoked his pass to attend his brother's wedding last week...Nobody is telling him anything they have removed him from his platoon while they investigate but still have not filed the article 15.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
His recourse depends on what the commander does...tell me, would it help to chat about this on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i guess we will just wait and see what the article 15 shows...

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Judy,
Thank you for that but I am not sure I understand your specific question.