P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am receiving an article 9 discharge failure. I am

Customer Question

I am receiving an article 9 discharge for ASAP failure. I am a SSG with 11 years of active duty service. I self enrolled for alcohol and was sent to rehab in December, and had been sober for 7 months. I relapsed a couple of weeks ago and someone told my Commander about it. Can they chapter me, and if they can do I have any options?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. Can you tell me, have you been given notice in writing of their intent to chapter you?