How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 13976
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am receiving an article 9 discharge failure. I am

Customer Question

I am receiving an article 9 discharge for ASAP failure. I am a SSG with 11 years of active duty service. I self enrolled for alcohol and was sent to rehab in December, and had been sober for 7 months. I relapsed a couple of weeks ago and someone told my Commander about it. Can they chapter me, and if they can do I have any options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. Can you tell me, have you been given notice in writing of their intent to chapter you?

Related Military Law Questions