P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Im a SSG I was due to PCS, my Commander went under 15-6investigation

Customer Question

Im a SSG I was due to PCS, my Commander went under 15-6investigation . My orders were revoked and i was placed under 15-6investigation .I was found most probably guilty the wording on the relief of cause. I was not investigated for any of the claims. I filed several complaints prior to this relief of cause due to reprisal. What can i do when i have been given this. Also prior to the investigation i never received any counselings but in one month i was given three one on AWOL which never happened. The command does not follow policy or regulations what is my best defense against this?
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the notification of the investigation I was given three counselings. The IO said the investigation went above his scope and it was turned over, and i was found guilty of things never asked but when i asked for documentation to support allegations i was ignored. I have supporting documentation in my defense. Legal and TDS states i have to be charged, can they take the investigation and justify relief of cause actions? What is the next step do i need to take to protect my career?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question are you asking about an OER or NCOER?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NCOER I'm a SSG.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prior to this I filed an EO, IG, Congressional and Redness due to reprisal. .The congressional wasn't answered and I still haven't received a response to my other complaints?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. So what is your question....are you asking how to appeal an NCOER?
Would it help to chat on the phone ?