P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

May I ask your advice in regards ***** ***** Separation Boards and NJP Set As

Customer Question

Hello, may I ask your advice in regards ***** ***** Separation Boards and NJP Set Asides. August 6, 2014 I attended my Navy Administrative Separation Board and the conclusion was "no patter of misconduct", "no basis" for separation. The board members reviewed my Chief's Report Chit, counseling chits that he used to send my to my March 2014 Captian Mast. They also and heard his testimony against me as well. As I stated, in conclusion, the board voted "no pattern of misconduct", "no basis" for separation. Is this a solid justification to have my NJP set aside?
V/r,
Tanesha
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information and your question. However, in order to assist you I will need to know what specific UCMJ violation you went to NJP for? What was the "pattern" that they were using to process you for separation? Did it include other misconduct? Did you appeal your NJP when you were awarded punishment, if not, why not?