P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am an e-1 in the navy 2 months out of boot camp. I was just roled back in a school class

Customer Question

I am an e-1 in the navy 2 months out of boot camp. I was just roled back in a school class due to academic failure. Is there anyway I can go to the marine core?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Possible? Sure. An inter service transfer is possible.
Likely? No. Not likely at all.
Such transfers are very rare. Typically they happen only when a particular skill set is needed (for example, if a sailor with a particular language skill needed by the Marine Corps is will to transfer to the Marine Corps, they will effect the transfer).
You can certainly make this request. You would make the request of your chain of command. Just understand that unless you have strong support from your immediate chain of command is unlikely such request would be approved.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.