P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I was discharged 635-200 5-17 on 2008. Entry Co

Customer Question

Hi I was discharged for uncharacterized 635-200 5-17 on 2008. Entry Code 3. wanted to go back to the army. Finished my Bachelor and masters. Married with two kids and even had 2 internships involving Washington DC and law internship in Puerto Rico administration.
I want to go back in the army. Im 27 now.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Type of separation: discharge. Authority: AR 635 200 PARA 5-17
Character of service : Uncharacterized
Separation Code: JFVII don't even remember why they separated me. I used to think it was for depression but after some investigation
It said JFV standed for Physical condition. Meaning I as not in physical condition at the time. ANd I am soo confsed. Cause I been battiling against this thinking it was for depression but its not. ANd I don't know what to think of this information.I know I wanted t get out cause I wasn't use to the physical excersices that I was doing, I wans not prepared. I couldn't even eat or anything but I didn't know If they put me for depression or for something physical that was temporary at the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JFV stands for physical and the 5-17 stands for physical or mental on the lists
SO what does that mean? IS this of physical and I have to be in shape to get in or do I need to get a doctor saying Im not depressed. Cause I did that 10 times and I can tell you it always came back as a no, even with 4 doctors. Now is almost 2 years since I ve tried and I want to make sure I have the right info to get in. Cause I doubt that 5 recruiters couldn't tell me in these 7 years that this waiver is for the physical condition I was at that time and had nothing to do with mental
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma but do not understand the question you have. Are you asking if the military can continue to deny you entry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its ok. Don't worry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already got my answer from a Batallion recruiter that called me. Thank you
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Welcome