P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Im in the national guard. We have an annual training coming

Customer Question

Im in the national guard. We have an annual training coming up. I've recently acquired clients in my consulting business that I earn between $2,900 to $3,200 a week. This is a significant increase from my national guard pay. Well going to annual training would create a financial hardship for my family. I'm sole proprietorship and no one else can help out. Attending annual training I'm losing about $9,000 to $10,000. I have requested for and alternative Annual Training but that was denied. Since the business I run is just consulting my clients have no obligation to keep our business relationship. This means I'll make about $1,500 at Annual training and not have my client when I get back. I have a newborn and a ton of bills to pay. What are my rights? And what options are available to me?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Can you tell me, have you received a response to your request for alteration of your drill days? If so what was the response?