P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am a captain in the USAF and my husband is an e7 in the army.

Customer Question

I am a captain in the USAF and my husband is an e7 in the army. We have been married almost two years. We are stationed on different bases but in the same county. My commander is about to find out because I am pinning on major in two weeks. Can my commander bring me up on chArges? We were married before we pcsed here
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Can you be charged ? Yes... However, perhaps the better question is was your conduct criminal? If you can provide some context it may help me answer this question. Also, I will send an offer for a phone call as it may make sharing information easier