P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have received an uncharacterized discharge (under 180 days in active

Customer Question

I have received an uncharacterized discharge (under 180 days in active service) which prevents me from any benefits. However, I have an LOD for injury accured in basic and need further medical treatment. How can I go about that? Also I enlisted on July 2nd 2014 and was told because I did my drill weekends and was paid for it would be considered active. My basic training day was 01/12/2015 to 05/07/2015. I was given the right to see a legal but never given the opportunity.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, I do not understand your questions...it sounds like you are asking about a VA claim...is that the case?
It may help to discuss this over the phone