P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I'm a 26 year retired Vet that's been retired 20 ye

Customer Question

I'm a 26 year retired Vet that's been retired for over 20 years. I know things change but I can't believe this. My son is in the Army and in April he came home to pick up his young Wife and Daughter to take to his knew Post. The day he was to leave she told him she wasn't ready for this, never have been away from her mother she was afraid. so he returned to his new Post alone. Last week his Smoke (What ever that is) I guess he's like a First Sergeant ask him if his family was with him. ashamed he responded with a "YES". Yesterday they found out he lied and now want to give him and Article 15. My Question, is this for real? Has the Army gotten that bad? In my day Article 15 was one of last things that would be done. He's asking for my advice and I'm sure what to say to him. Can JAG help him?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question
I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, has your son been provided notice, in writing, of the Art 15?
Or is it simply his Staff NCO telling him that it will happen at this point?