P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My son, ***** *****, now 44, entered the Army in 2003 and

Customer Question

My son, ***** *****, now 44, entered the Army in 2003 and got out in 2007. He served in the Infantry as an armed soldier and as a driver of the armored Bradley. They hit several IEDs, sometimes killing a soldier.
To make a long story short, he was able to perform and hold a job. Just before entering the service he was working for a large seller of computers and computer related equipment. To make a long story short, he was able to hold a job and not lose his temper at every slight criticism. He was fired from an office job at DeVry Univ. and later from two trucking companies. He could drive okay but was not able to "live with" a trainer for 2 plus weeks to learn routes and procedures.
A few months after he left the Army he applied for disability for PTSD in Iraq, but was given a low $340.00 a month.
He now lives with his mother and me and helps her with a Dallas Morning News route, but can't afford an apartment or car.
The Army says he had somewhat of a learning problem when he entered the service and want to increase his payment.
Do you have any experience in this field or know someone who can advise or help without costing a fortune.
Thanks, ***** (###) ###-####evenings, or Ruth (mother)(###) ###-####late mornings through mid afternoon. *****@******.***.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.Sir, happy to assist...would you like to chat about this on the phone? If you accept the offer I am sending along we can do so.Let me know.Phil