LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

I would like to apply for a president pardon after had a bcd

Customer Question

I would like to apply for a president pardon after had a bcd over 25 yrs ago. I never went to jail or had my rank taking from me. I worked a great job since but would like to apply for other jobs wthout a problem.
i
Category: Military Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sonya,

I am happy to try and assist if you would please clarify one point.

Did you actually receive a court-martial conviction?

I will be away from my computer some today, but you have my word I will be sure to check back for any updated word from you when I again return to this venue.

Thanks!

Ben, J.D.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i had court martial and my dd214 was BCD. I took some money. repay it back. I was pregnant when it happen. I never had any other run end with the military. My rank at the time was a E4. And I didnot have any money deducted. I was so upset with my self and was worrie about what I was going to do. I already had a Asssociate Degree.

Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sonya,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney and am very happy to try and answer your question today. I am genuinely sorry for your circumstances and sincerely XXXXX XXXXX works out. I would also like to take this opportunity to express my true appreciation for your prior military service!

Here is how this works. I am pleased to share some good news with you. The law does indeed allow for one in your shoes to seek the remedy of pardon. To apply for a pardon of a court-martial conviction, you will need to submit your completed petition directly to the applicable Secretary of the military branch in which your served. The process is free of charge to you.
    Here is the document to complete and submit:

Pardon Application

Here is the correct address for submission:

U.S. Army:

Secretary of the Army

Department of the Army

ATTN: OTJAG-CLD

Pentagon

Washington, DC 20310

If granted, you can then seek an upgrade of your discharge:

U.S. Army:

Army Review Boards Agency

1901 South Bell Street

Arlington, VirginiaNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me. I will be sure to check back for any further word from you when I am again working online in this forum.

I truly hope all works out for you and that the information I have provided proves useful. Thanks so much for using this service!

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ben, I really appreciate your help. I just need to know if I can get copies of the exact military court martial. It,s been over 25 years.

Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sonya,

Good to hear from you again, and thanks for writing back! You are quite welcome, my pleasure entirely to be of service to you.

Yes, indeed, you will need to obtain a copy, and I had actually meant to include that point in my original answer. For your case, you will need to please contact:

Office of the Clerk of Court

U.S. Army Judiciary

ATTN: JALS-CCO

901 North Stuart Street

Suite 1200

Arlington, VirginiaNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Telephone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Thanks again!

Ben, J.D.

LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
    Experience: Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
    Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.
    Hello Sonya,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Thanks!

Ben, J.D.
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am doing fine , all I need to do is request my transcript. And I have to get dd214

Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.
    Hi Sonya,

Good deal...I will hold a good thought that all goes your way!
    Take care,

Ben, J.D.