LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

My dad was discharged from the Marines in 1947. We noticed

My dad was discharged from the Marines in 1947. We noticed he did not serve a full two years. He served from Jan 1946 thru Oct 1947. We wonder if he ran into a problem and was Honorably Discharged, but still had a problem. The Authority for Discharge states: Art 3-15-MCM-Almar #89-47. This is on his NAVMC 70-PD. Can you tell us the codes meaning for his discharge?

Hello Caro,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney and am very happy to try and answer your question today. I appreciate your father's military service on behalf of our nation!

The most important thing is that he did receive an Honorable Discharge. However, as you good folks suspect, there was apparently an issue at the time. Based upon the information you supplied, your father received what is called Nonjudicial punishment. This is a measure impose on a service member to remedy intentional misconduct committed contrary to military law. It means that his Command administratively disciplined him rather than going forward with a court-martial.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me. I will be sure to check back for any further word from you when I am again working online in this forum.

I truly hope all works out for you and that the information I have provided proves useful. Thanks so much for using this service!

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

Hello Caro,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Ben, J.D.