P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Im a Marine and I recently reported to my command that my

I'm a Marine and I recently reported to my command that my Sergeant was fraudulently doing paperwork. But they did nothing about it. And I still have to work with him and he knows I reported him. I'm afraid to work with him. I'm responsible of $800,000 worth of equipment. I'm afraid he is going to steal something to get me in trouble. Is there anything I can do to prevent me from working with him?? I also work with guns and ammunition and do not feel safe around him. Everyday at work I'm always stressed out and don't feel safe.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Marine, if your NCOIC is committing fraud, and you are reporting this to your battalion commander and they are not addressing it? You may want to consider reporting this to the Inspector General (IG)

There is an IG at every major command (division or Wing or Base).

They can investigate reports of fraud or abuse.

If the Sergeant is committing fraud, they can investigate and hold the Sergeant responsible.

Please let me know if you have more questions...happy to assist if I can