P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

Mr. Simmons: I just received my VA determination of compensation

Mr. Simmons:

I just received my VA determination of compensation claim, I am at 60%. Is my retired pay and VA comp pay separate or on concurrent receipt? I have 25 years Army (combined Active Duty and Reserve time, I was deployed to Vietnam and later to Afghanistan), retired because of age (60yrs old).

Nick Cressy
COL, MS, USA ret.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Depends on how many years of active many years active duty (title 10 service) did you serve sir?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
4 years enlisted and a combined total of 10 years as an officer (as a reservist on various active duty orders - total 14 years.
Thank you sir

You will qualify for CRDP (combined receipt of disability pay). This is a program that allows a veteran to keep both VA compensation AND military retired pay IF the vet has 20 or more years of service.

Since you have 20 plus years of service and since you are drawing reserve retired pay now, you are eligible for BOTH. This should happen automatically...once your claim is approved, the VA will work with DFAS to start your combined receipt. SO you do rate both

Let me know if you have more questions, happy to help if I can