P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

just curious if you got arrested for general order number one

just curious if you got arrested for general order number one on a military base overseas as a civilian is that a felony or misdameanor and does that record follow you back here in the states
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

It depends on the underlying charge...what was the underlying charge and how are they disposing of that charge (is the Assistant Attorney General taking you to court)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

naw not having going to court,thats about it so far

Thank you

As a civilian, the only way they can charge you criminally is under MEJA ( Military Extraterritorial Jurisdiction Act)

This federal law allows the US to charge contractors and other civilians who accompany the military overseas to be held accountable for criminal misconduct.

THey have to be able to point to a violation of Title 18 US Code(Title 18 is Federal Criminal law).

General Order 1 is a military is not federal criminal law.

So it would depend on your conduct, if it violated Title 18 US Code.

If it did, they could charge you in federal court.

But unless or until they do? You do not have any criminal charges.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just drinking is all it was,thank you for time,I appreciate it

You bet

best of luck with this mess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so guessing what might I expect now,anything,I was never jailed for this,I just demob and that was it