Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

im a reservist, and I wondering if im eligible to have jag

im a reservist, and I wondering if im eligible to have jag assistants on getting my criminal recorded cleared. or have my charge be lowered. the charges I have are 3 accounts for misdemeanor theft. and I have had it since 2010 and I have learned from my mistake and would like to serve my community by volunteering fire fighting but I cant with my recorded. and it prevents many jobs that I would like to pursue.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines, including JAG.

For a record to be cleared, sealed or expunged, you have to actually go through a court process. Military attorneys do not have jurisdiction to represent you in that way.

Now, if you look for the application on line and bring that information into them, most Legal Assistance JAG's would be able to discuss the process with you, help you organize your arguments, etc.

So, they can help you, but only in a limited sense. They can't actually represent you in that capacity, because it is beyond their (our) jurisdictional mandate.

If you would like to speak with them on this issue, I wouldn't spring it on them. Send an email in advance so that they can research some before your arrival.