P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

if you get chaptered by mission incapable, did you get your

if you get chaptered by mission incapable, did you get your benefits?
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

This depends on the chapter.

There is no chapter for "mission incapable"...but there are a number of chapters. You can see them all here

"Mission incapable" is actually not one of chapters, but it is a separation through the MEB or Medical Evaluation Board. If a soldier is separated by a MEB, they keep ALL VA benefits.

The nearest thing in the regulation for a chapter is chapter 5-17, Other designated physical or mental conditions. This would result in a discharge of either an honorable discharge (in which case all earned VA benefits are retained) or "general" discharge (in which you get all benefits except the GI Bill)

What you describe? If you were injured during PT? And you can not perform your duties? What should happen is that you would be sent to a MEB to see if this condition will resolve in the next year or not and if it was caused by your service. IF it was caused by your service and not expected to resolve in the next year, they would discharge you medically and, potentially give you are disabled retired pension or severance check

Please let me know if you have more questions...happy to assist if I can