Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

A situation ecists wheteby a privately held company that I

A situation ecists wheteby a privately held company that I owned along with 3 othet partnets
That performs lab testing squeezed me out via a freeze out by my partner an attorney and her husband. This is particularly an issue since these services are pain management toxicology services that was also intended to benefit veterans. If I were to gift apart of my 25% share to the dav or the va could a government funded jag defend and recover "our interests.

Please advise
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines, including JAG.

No, we couldn't. The reason is that our powers of jurisdiction come from Congressional statute and are limited. We don't have the right to go into courts, other than military courts in order to prosecute military members.

In the few instances we are permitted in magistrate courts, it is by appointment by the State's attorney to act as special prosecutors, only for the purpose of assisting in criminal prosecution of events taking place on military bases.

This will have to be dealt with my a civilian attorney. I'm sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What department defends gifted shares in an organization like the va or dav

There isn't one.

Your creation of the gift doesn't give the government the jurisdiction to become involved in such a matter. It would be seen as an artificial means of trying to make the government a true party in interest, when they would not be.