Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG

my ex wife, whos currently active, married another GI while

my ex wife, who's currently active, married another GI while she was married to me. what recourse do i have?

Thank you for the information and your question, but just for clarification, you are saying that you and your wife was still married and she knew that, but yet married someone else before you were divorced? What do you want to happen here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My son's want to move back to Texas, and I feel whatever leverage I have would be to their advantage.

Hello again and thank you for your reply, however, I don't see where you confirmed the facts to me. But, I will assume that you are saying that your wife knew you and she were still married when she married someone else. In that case, that would be Bigamy which is against civilian criminal law and also, of course, military criminal law under the UCMJ.

Therefore, that alone could result in her being prosecuted either in the military if you reported this to her Command or by the civilian authorities if you filed a complaint with the local DA's Office. In addition, in the military Adultery is still a criminal act so she could also be prosecuted for that as well. In addition, depending on what she did with her dependency paperwork (DEERS enrollment for pay and insurance purposes) there might also be an issue of Fraud against the Government or False Official Statement.

So, suffice it to say that if she knowingly married while still married to you, she would be in a lot of trouble if you reported this to the military and/or the civilian authorities.

Please let me know if you have any specific follow up questions. I would be glad to try to assist you further if I can.