Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

I received an honorable discharge from the Navy but I have

I received an honorable discharge from the Navy but I have three years left in the IRR. I am married to an active duty sailor and we have a daughter. I got out because both of our parents are not equipped to take of our daughter in the event we are both deployed. If I not have a family care plan, can they call me back for active duty?
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

Calling people back to active duty from IRR is exceedingly unlikely. I mean, very, very, very unlikely.

That being said, if they did call you back, there would be a need for you to have a family care plan. When you were unable or unwilling to complete one, they'd have to separate you, as you would not be deployable.