P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am in the Tennessee army national guard and just came off

I am in the Tennessee army national guard and just came off active duty in may, I currently am going through the MEB on the active duty side. I am awaiting my VA ratings. My unit is telling menu have to attend drill. Is there a army regulation that states I do not while going through the MEB , because of maybe further injuring myself and I do have a P3 profile.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

I am sorry to bear bad news. There is no regulation or order that would prevent the command from requiring you to attend drills. In fact, it is quite the opposite. The commander can require you to fulfill your contractual obligation and attend drills. And if you refused to do so, that could put your MEB in jeopardy.

Now...the commander has to treat you fairly. If you have medical conditions that limit your physical activity and are on profile, the commander is required to honor that. So, for example, if your profile prohibits running, the commander can not make you run the APFT.

But they can require you to attend the drills.

Please let me know if you have more questions, happy to help if I can